On Saturday, November 12th, over 100 people attended the BEDC Business Awards hosted by Nishanthi and Nadanja Bailey at the Queen’s Exhibit Hall, National Museum in Dockyard. Lamone Woods, Managing Partner of Crimson Multimedia and Channel 82 was the event’s keynote speaker.
The Awards celebrated Bermuda’s entrepreneurs’ achievements, growth, and resilience, featuring local businesses nominated by the public in recognition of their success within the last year.
The event highlighted the following awards: Entrepreneur of the Year, Business of the Year, Most Enterprising Young Entrepreneur, Family Business of the Year, New Startup of the Year, Vendor of the Year, People’s Choice Award, as well as the BEDC Client of the Year.
- Taking home the Entrepreneur of the Year award was Joleesa Holdipp of Klassiq Kidz.
- The Business of the Year award was awarded to Soulfood Grill & Cafe.
- Aaron Lugo Jr. of Lugo’s Mighty Mower was named Most Enterprising Young Entrepreneur
- Hendy’s Laundromat was named the Family Business of the Year.
- Uplift was named the New Startup of the Year.
- Culture Wear was awarded Vendor of the Year.
- The People’s Choice Award went to Tobacco Bay.
- Sunset Transport took home the BEDC Client of the year award.
- BEDC Client of the Year is awarded to the business that has paid off their BEDC loan, is current with their BEDC loan or has attended all 3 BEDC courses and has a proven track record for growth.
There were also awards for each of the Economic Empowerment Zones with the following businesses winning the award:
- St. George’s EEZ Business of the Year was awarded to Bermuda Linens & Gifts.
- North East Hamilton EEZ Business of the Year was awarded to Champion Taekwondo.
- and the Somerset EEZ Business of the Year was awarded to Bermuda Bubble Tea.