Learn the Basics of Small Business Management in Entrepreneurship 101
About the Programme
Learn the basics of small business management and creating a business plan. In this eight-week course facilitated by Ray Lambert, Director of Micro, Small & Medium Enterprises at BEDC. This course will help you understand what is required to start a business in Bermuda and take you through each component of building a business plan. The course includes guest experts and testimonies from entrepreneurs.
- Understand Requirements for Starting a Business.
- Understand Bermuda Legislation and How it Impacts your Business.
- Develop a Preliminary Business Plan.
- Establish Business and Government Contacts.
- Build a Budget to Help Identify Start Up Expenses.
- Week 1 – Intro & Making the Decision to Start a Business
- Week 2 – Validating your Product/ Service
- Week 3 – Writing the Business Plan
- Week 4 – Government Obligations
- Week 5 – The Cost of Your Business
- Week 6 – Funding Your Business
- Week 7 – Marketing, Operations & HR
- Week 8 – Wrap up, Review & Celebration