Welcome to the BEDC corner; here, you will get a chance to meet the dedicated members of our team and Board. We will share our thoughts on entrepreneurship and what it means to provide support and help you build your dreams.
This month we feature Donte Hunt, MSME Officer.
- What excites you about entrepreneurship?
The challenge of creating something (in order to solve a problem), naturing it (in order to realize growth and sustainability) and thrill of it yielding the fruits of labour
- What advice would you give to someone who is trying to become an entrepreneur?
- Get a mentor – a successful entrepreneur that can provide guidance and assist in navigating the entrepreneurial journey
- Lifelong learning – as an entrepreneur, one needs to ensure that their knowledge of their business (i.e. operations, financials, products and services, changes and advancements in industry, etc.) are always kept at an optimum level. Lifelong learning (whether it be self-learning, formal or informal) specific to the entrepreneurs business ensures sustainability, providing the entrepreneur with the tools to make adjustments and potentially pivoting at the most opportune time.
- Persistence and Patience – the entrepreneurial journey is not for the faint of heart. There will be unforeseen challenges at the most inopportune time that will shake the foundations of your will to continue. Success comes to those that are able to persevere.
- What is your role at BEDC?
MSME Officer – I assist fellow entrepreneurs with business advice, entrepreneur based education and financial support.
- What is the best part about being a member of the BEDC team?
Helping entrepreneurs realize their dreams.
- What role does entrepreneurship play in the future of Bermuda?
Entrepreneurs and the businesses that they create and sustain are the bedrock of a successful economy.
- What trends have you noticed emerging within Bermuda’s Entrepreneurial Landscape?
A significant increase in persons wanting to start a business.